"Biggs Chair
Posted by: littlebiggs on: April 21, 2009
There’s a long story to why we were so excited to get this picture taken today. Maybe sometime after I finish this 10 page paper for my grad class I can tell you about it. But, regardless of the story, the picture came out cute and Little Biggs is very obvious in this fun picture. So, here’s the three of us in a Texas-size chair."
Posted by: littlebiggs on: April 21, 2009
There’s a long story to why we were so excited to get this picture taken today. Maybe sometime after I finish this 10 page paper for my grad class I can tell you about it. But, regardless of the story, the picture came out cute and Little Biggs is very obvious in this fun picture. So, here’s the three of us in a Texas-size chair."
So, I don't think I ever did tell that whole story. So here it is, the story told through pictures through the years.
For Jason's birthday in 2006, I made him a "Jason and Stephani" book all about our relationship starting with a ticket from the play we went to on our first date up until April of 2006. On the last page I put "To Be Continued..." and several of the pages were blank.
When Jason came to visit me in Spain in October 2006, he brought be a long wrapped box and made me carry it all over Barcelona until we found the perfect place to open my gift. In a beautiful chapel above the Temple of the Sacred Heart of Jesus church on the top of Mount Tibidabo overlooking all of Barcelona, Jason opened the package to reveal my book. Jason started to turn to the "To be Continued..." page, but I started at the beginning, making him read the whole book with me :-). I was surprised that there were no blank pages in this book. He had continued the book! He wrote about me being gone and his time without me. As I turned to the last page, he was trying to get on one knee between the tight pews of the chapel and pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.
Anyway, this isn't about his proposal, it's about our book and his creativity. On one of the pages he put this:
This story is also about the fun we have together. So, in April of 2009 when I was pregnant with Little Biggs, I wrote the post you saw at the beginning and it was accompanied by this photo:

So in April, we were excited to continue the story and have a pregnant picture in the Big Red Chair. I didn't really think about it again much until an announcement came across my e-mail a couple of weeks ago that the Big Chair was coming back to campus! Yes, that's right, Jason and I drove across town during our lunch break to take Alexander out of school for a photo op. We are those parents. So here's the reward and next chapter of the Biggs Chair Photos.

We tried to get one of Alexander all alone in the great big world, but he was not excited about the idea of being left up there alone. The photographer was afraid we would let him jump out of the chair. He wasn't going anywhere, but wasn't going to smile about it either. Probably more appropriate anyway since thankfully none of us are all alone anymore :-).
AWWW That is so fantastic! I love it and I love the pictures...I would TOTALLY be one of THOSE parents too-especially when it pulls your whole little story into a wonderful "happily ever after"...actually, this would make a great childrens book...
ReplyDelete